Meetings & Updates:
City Center Parking Plan Public Open House – December 7th, 6-7:30 p.m.
Facebook Update – Jan. 19, 18: Post Falls is moving forward with planning efforts on the City Center Parking Study. The first public meeting was well attended and stimulated a great discussion. Over the next two months the planning team will dive into more details to prepare for our 2nd public meeting, anticipated to be in mid-March. Stay tuned! (see Existing Parking Availability Heat Map below)
The City of Post Falls is in very beginning stages of a parking study of our downtown area. The in-depth study is intended to identify how much parking is needed in our downtown today and in the future. Specifically, the planning process will answer the following important questions:
- What is defined as Downtown Post Falls?
- How much parking is currently available in the downtown area?
- How much and where should on-street parking be located?
- How should parking interact with landscape buffers, sidewalk areas, stormwater, and lighting?
- Where are good locations for a public parking lot within the downtown area?
When considering parking in the downtown area, many factors must be considered. Each “piece of the puzzle” is very important to the overall layout, feasibility, and effectiveness of parking.
The Study will look at each street in the downtown area to determine the most appropriate configuration.