Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation is located on the 1st Floor of City Hall just off the rotunda
Open M-F 8 am - 5 pm
A Message from Parks & Recreation Director
It is the mission of the Post Falls Parks & Recreation Department to provide exceptional parks, services, facilities, and recreational opportunities to our customers and the citizens of Post Falls.
NOTICE: Post Falls South Channel Dam Resotration
The safety of the public and those working on the South Channel Dam project is the top priority for Avista. When enjoying Q'emiln Park and the Spokane River, please be alert to signs and stay out of the designated construction areas. View the construction zone (PDF) outlined in red.
The following information can help you plan your time this summer at Q'emiln Park and let you know what to expect:
- Q'emiln Park, including the boat launch, swim area, trailhead and pavilion, and the Spokane River between the Spokane Street Bridge and the boater safety cables are expected to be open as normal this summer with limited exceptions.
(NOTE: the swimming beach and boat launch are currently closed)
- The trailhead and the trail that begins near the dam and parallels the south channel will, however, be closed through the construction project. Trail users will be directed to use other trailheads to access the hiking trails and climbing areas.
- The area along the west entrance road at the Trailhead Pavilion will be an active construction site with vehicles entering and leaving Q'emiln Park frequently. Traffic controls will be used to direct the safe flow of construction and public traffic and to help ensure pedestrian safety. View the traffic control plan (PDF).
- Because of the nature of the construction project, there will be noise at the work site which will be loud during certain times.
- Avista plans to develop a new overlook near the dam. It will include interpretive signs and will be designed to accommodate the trail that parallels the south channel. This work will be coordinated with the City of Post Falls Parks and Recreation Department. (view updates from Avista)
Parks & Recreation Director
|email@example.com||Ph: (208) 773-0539|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Ph: (208) 773-0539|
|The Community Garden program provides gardening opportunities for the physical and social benefit to the Post Falls community.
There are a limited number of garden plots available for rent this season. The fee covers the cost of water use for the garden. The site,
located at 1161 E. 3rd Avenue (just west of the Post Falls Sr. Center), is developed and operated by volunteers and the Parks & Recreation staff.