Q'emiln Park / boat launch & beach
NOTICE: Post Falls South Channel Dam Restoration
The safety of the public and those working on the South Channel Dam project is the top priority for Avista. When enjoying Q'emiln Park and the Spokane River, please be alert to signs and stay out of the designated construction areas. View the construction zone (PDF) outlined in red.
The following information can help you plan your time this summer at Q'emiln Park and let you know what to expect:
- Q'emiln Park, including the boat launch, swim area, trailhead and pavilion, and the Spokane River between the Spokane Street Bridge and the boater safety cables are expected to be open as normal this summer with limited exceptions. NOTE:
- The trailhead and the trail that begins near the dam and parallels the south channel will, however, be closed through the construction project. Trail users will be directed to use other trailheads to access the hiking trails and climbing areas.
- The area along the west entrance road at the Trailhead Pavilion will be an active construction site with vehicles entering and leaving Q'emiln Park frequently. Traffic controls will be used to direct the safe flow of construction and public traffic and to help ensure pedestrian safety. View the traffic control plan (PDF).
- Because of the nature of the construction project, there will be noise at the work site which will be loud during certain times.
- Avista plans to develop a new overlook near the dam. It will include interpretive signs and will be designed to accommodate the trail that parallels the south channel. This work will be coordinated with the City of Post Falls Parks and Recreation Department. (view updates from Avista)