Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (208) 773-3511
Voter and Election Information
The City Clerk’s Office provides information on election dates, voter registration, candidates for City offices, and candidates for office will find information on running for office, forms required and filing deadlines.
You can obtain mail-in registration cards at City Hall (M-F 8am-5pm) or at the County Election Department opens in a new window located at 1808 N. 3rd Street, Coeur d’Alene or at any City Clerk’s Office or DMV. You can register to vote up until 25 days preceding any election.
Download an Absentee Ballot Application Form opens in a new window or call (208) 446-1030.
Idaho has same day registration and voting – you may register and vote early (voting in-person absentee or on Election Day – you will need to have picture ID, address showing you have lived there for 30 days.) Contact Kootenai County Elections Office for information on Absentee in-person voting.
General City Election 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY CAN ONLY BE FILED BETWEEN AUGUST 26, 2019 AND SEPTEMBER 6, 2019. IF YOU PLAN TO SPEND OR COLLECT MONEY FOR A CAMPAIGN – EVEN IF PRIOR TO DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY – AN APPOINTMENT OF POLITICAL TREASURER FORM MUST BE FILED WITH THE CITY CLERK.
Next Election Date: November 5, 2019
Positions Up for Election: 3 City Council positions: Seat #1 (Kerri Thoreson); Seat #3 (Joe Malloy); Seat #5 (Lynn Borders)
How City Council Members are Elected: City elections are classified as “by seat,” which means a candidate must declare which seat number they are running for. City elections do not run by political affiliation.
Candidates: Any qualified elector living within the city limits of Post Falls may become a candidate by submitting the declaration of candidacy and petition of candidacy, or by submitting their declaration as a write-in candidate.
Qualified Elector for City Elections: A qualified elector is anyone who has registered to vote and has resided within the city limits at least 30 days prior to election.
Absentee Voting opens in a new window: In person: Any qualified elector may vote absentee. Please visit the Kootenai County website for dates and times that absentee ballots are accepted.
Where to Vote/Voting Precincts opens in a new window: The listing of voting precincts and their polling places will be published in the Coeur d’Alene Press approximately two weeks prior to Election Day.
Candidate Forms: As a convenience to candidates running for city office, the following forms may be filled in online and printed out for your use. PLEASE NOTE: Campaign finance forms must be filed electronically. Please fax or email the completed, signed forms to the City Clerk.
Candidate Forms and Campaign Finance Reporting Forms:
- City Council Petition of Candidacy opens in a new window
- City Council Declaration of Candidacy opens in a new window
- Appointment of Treasurer C1 opens in a new window
- Campaign Finance Disclosure Summary C2 opens in a new window
- Campaign Finance Disclosure Detailed Summary C2 opens in a new window
- Schedule A Itemized Contributions opens in a new window
- Schedule B Itemized Expenditures opens in a new window
- Schedule C In-kind opens in a new window
- Schedule D Loans opens in a new window
- Schedule E Credit Cards and Debt opens in a new window
- Schedule E-1 Credit Card Debt Itemization opens in a new window
- Schedule F Pledged Contributions opens in a new window
- Independent Expenditures C4 opens in a new window
- 48 Hour Notice C5 opens in a new window
- Statement of Nonbusiness Entity C6 opens in a new window
- Independent Expenditures 48 Hour Notice C7 opens in a new window
- Report of Electioneering C8 opens in a new window