Q’emiln Park is located south of the Spokane River at the end of the Spokane Street Bridge.
Pronounced “ka-mee-lin” This 78.5-acre park features a guarded swimming beach, boat launch, BBQ pits, picnic shelters, horseshoe pits, volleyball courts, concession stand, restrooms, and access to the Post Falls Community Forest and Q’emiln Climbing Walls. There are 2 small covered shelters (the Gazebo & Picnic Shelter), a large covered Grand Pavilion 60’x120’, a grassy area and the Trailhead Event Center that are available for reservation. A fantastic park for every occasion. Dogs Not Allowed.
Address: 12201 W. Parkway Drive
ATTENTION: 08/04/2020 Swimmers itch has been reported at Q’emiln Park Beach. Once swimmers are done swimming make sure to rinse off at one of the outdoor showers and towel dry. Once at home you will want to bathe with soap and water. Make sure that towels and swim suits are cleaned properly after being at the beach.
To reduce the risk of swimmer’s itch:
– Choose swimming spots carefully. Avoid swimming in areas where swimmer’s itch is a known problem or signs warn of possible contamination. Also avoid swimming or wading in marshy areas where snails are commonly found.
– Avoid the shoreline, if possible. If you’re a strong swimmer, head to deeper water for your swim.
– Rinse after swimming. Rinse exposed skin with clean water immediately after leaving the water, then vigorously dry your skin with a towel. Launder your swimsuits often.
– Skip the bread crumbs. Don’t feed birds on docks or near swimming areas.
– Apply waterproof sunscreen. This has been reported to protect the skin from the parasite that causes swimmer’s itch.
Swimmers Itch FAQs
Q’EMILN PARK BOAT LAUNCH IS OPEN FOR THE SEASON – 07/02/2020
Q’emiln Park Rules
Q’emiln Parking Fee Area
Post Falls Community Forest
Post Falls Community Forest Map & Brochure
Q’emiln Park Climbing Walls
Park Reservation Form & Fee Schedule
- BBQ Grills
- Boat Launch
- Concessions (seasonal)
- Horse Shoes
- Picnic Areas w/ Tables
- Rock Climbing
- Scenic Views
- Shelters (4 unique facilities)
- Beach/Swimming Rules