The City of Post Falls works to create, diversify, and enhance job growth and to promote business development and stability. Idaho is teeming with opportunities for business.
Idaho has some of the lowest overall costs of doing business in the country and a variety of incentive programs designed to assist business start-up, expansion and productivity.
We are committed to assisting businesses and providing support as you grow and expand your business. If you are looking for a new location, considering expansion, or want to learn more about incentives for businesses in Idaho, we can provide resources you need to be successful.
Our Economic Development staff and Community Development Department are ready to help you through the process whether you are building a new facility, expanding your current facility, locating to Post Falls or planning to start a new business.
We are committed to assisting businesses and providing support and information to realtors serving clients who are looking for a new location, considering expansion, or understanding the approval process.
For information or assistance on relocating or expanding your business
Email: Economic Development Staff
Toll Free (888) 925-9961
- City Projects Page opens in a new window current Commercial Site Plans, Active Subdivisions & Annexations, and City Capital Projects
- Economic Development Contacts opens in a new window
- Economic Development Packet opens in a new window (pdf)
- Economic Development Packet Flipbook opens in a new window
- City Maps/GIS opens in a new window
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Pipl Inc. expands along with world’s “identity crisis” Post Falls tech company quadruples its HQ space – In the digital age, a new identity can be created with the click of a few buttons, data breaches and privacy issues seem to be weekly occurrences, and public trust in these systems is eroding. Enter Pipl Inc., a 14-year-old Post Falls-based technology company that specializes in connecting the online fragments of a person’s identity to verify that the person on the other side of the screen is who they say they are. See full article opens in a new window – Oct. 10, 2019 Journal of Business
- Worker’s compensation rates to decrease in Idaho for 2020 BOISE, ID – A proposal for a minus (-) 6.2 percent overall rate change to Idaho workers’ compensation insurance, effective January 1, 2020, has been approved by the Idaho Department of Insurance. The proposed rate change is recommended by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI). “We are pleased to announce this reduction, a move which will benefit Idaho businesses, their employees and the economy in general,” said Director Dean Cameron. “The decrease in the 2020 workers’ compensation rates reflects continued improvement in our state rating factors, including a slight decline in both the frequency of claims, and the average cost of those claims.” …. To see the complete press release, visit doi.idaho.gov.
- NanaMacs Clothing, in Post Falls, was listed as one of the Quietly Booming in the Inland Northwest companies by Inc. Magazine. Also on the Spokane/Coeur d’Alene list of companies were these Post Falls companies – Precision Precast Erectors LLC and Mainstream Electric, Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. – Spokane Business Journal – Sept. 25, 2019
- J&S Industries LLC – An online fulfillment and customer service company has leased 2,600 square feet of office and warehouse space at 3325 E. Quad Park Court, in Post Falls. Craig Hunter and Rob Kannapien, both of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty, handled the transaction. – Business Journal, Sept. 25, 2019
- Idaho Top State to Own a Home, Study Says opens in a new window – Coeur d’ Alene Press, June 7, 2019
- Hardwick & Sons hardware store to move from Seattle to Post Falls opens in a new window – Spokane Journal of Business, May 23, 2019
- ATC Manufacturing prepares for growth in Post Falls opens in a new window, Spokane Journal of Business, May 9, 2019
- Post Falls home to Idaho’s first organic, vegan chocolate line, opens in a new window Wild and Alive – KXLY, March 5, 2018
- Idaho Investment Guide 2019 opens in a new window – Idaho Commerce
- BOISE – The U.S. Census Bureau says that for the second year in a row, Idaho has earned the title of fastest-growing state in the country. opens in a new window — Spokesman-Review, December 24, 2018
- Earlier this week, Director Meuleman shared some thoughts on Idaho’s recent CNBC ranking for Top States for Business in 2018. Read more about what sets Idaho apart from the competition. – Idaho Commerce, August 10, 2018 opens in a new window
- Power Products Company Moves to Post Falls – This spring, Critical Power Products & Services moved into a new 18,000-square-foot building off Pleasant View Road in Post Falls, said a news release. The new facility houses Critical Power’s 24 employees, a warehouse, maintenance shop and extensive outdoor yard for storage of the company’s growing inventory of new, used and refurbished power generation and backup
infrastructure equipment. – Coeur d’ Alene Press – June 8, 2018
- North Idaho is Storage Toyland – Steel Structures of America has recently completed multiple large storage projects in Kootenai County, such as Eagle Rock RV & Boat Storage in Post Falls with 80,000 square feet of storage space. Coeur d’ Alene Press opens in a new window, May 19, 2018
- Buck Knives Expands Everyday Category – More options in Rival series, new handle materials, and a new line of lightweight options now available. Press Release opens in a new window
- Idaho’s state parks add $184 million to state’s economy in 2016. For every dollar Idaho taxpayers pay toward the parks, $54 is returned to the economy, according to the study. Spokesman Review – Feb. 8, 2018
- Governor Signs Unemployment Tax Relief Bill opens in a new window – Idaho employers to save $115 million over three years. House Bill 335 – passed unanimously by both the House and Senate – will ensure the continuing solvency of Idaho’s unemployment reserve fund used to pay benefits. It lowers rates for taxpaying businesses retroactive to January 1, 2018.
- Old Factory Outlets spaces to fill up in Post Falls opens in a new window – Large amounts of space absorbed in buildings that had been mostly vacant. The former Post Falls Factory Outlets complex and the neighboring Post Falls Factory Stores building, both of which have been mostly vacant for roughly a decade, will be mostly occupied by the end of the year, current owners say. Spokane Journal of Business – Feb. 1, 2018
- Post Falls ranked one of the Safest Cities in Idaho in 2018 (National Council for Home Safety and Security) opens in a new window