Why Post Falls?
CONTACT US: For more information or assistance on relocating or expanding your business, please contact, Economic Development staff or call (208)773-8708 or toll Free (888)925-9961
Post Falls is located four miles east of the Washington-Idaho border along Interstate 90 in Kootenai County and is bounded by Coeur d’Alene, Idaho to the east, the State of Washington to the west, the Spokane River to the south and the Rathdrum prairie to the north. Post Falls is 20 miles east of Spokane, Washington and approximately 100 miles south of the Canadian border.
With higher learning institutions like Gonzaga University, Eastern Washington University, Witworth University, and North Idaho College, and extension campuses for University of Idaho and Lewis-Clark State College, all within an hour’s drive of Post Falls, there are many opportunities for quality workforce education. NIC’s Workforce Training Center in Post Falls offers open enrollment career or job-related classes in a variety of subject areas to enhance skills for employment. The Idaho PTECH Network is a partnership between industry, high schools, and community colleges that prepares students for careers in Idaho’s high growth industries, including aerospace/advanced manufacturing, technology, and healthcare.
Post Falls by the Numbers
- 7 miles from the Coeur d’ Alene Airport, 28 miles from the Spokane International Airport
- Easy shipping access by road, air & train
- CityLink Transit operates 4 bus routes, 16 hours/day, 7 days/week in the Kootenai County area
- 2.33% employment growth between 2016-2017
- 710,946 Population of Metro Area (including Spokane, Spokane Valley and Coeur d’ Alene) in 2016