PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8TH
POST FALLS CITY HALL – 4-7 P.M.
Phase One (Completed)
Road and drainage along Spokane Street south of Prairie
Avenue was modified in 2021 to better fit the recent
crossing improvements performed by the railroad.
Phase Two (Construction to start in 2022)
Install a double-lane roundabout at the
Spokane Street and Prairie Avenue intersection.
• To the east, tie the new intersection into the existing Prairie Avenue roadway.
• To the west, construct roadway improvements to tie into the existing road near the roundabout at
Prairie Avenue and Chase Road.
› Prairie Avenue between Spokane Street and Chase Road will generally be two travel lanes in each direction and a center, two-way turn lane on the west end and a planted median between Crown Point and Spokane Street.
• Add new turf and street trees, irrigation, roadway lighting, and stormwater features, such as grassy roadside swales, to both Spokane Street and Prairie Avenue.
• Connect Spokane Street as a through-street to the north.
• Upgrading the City’s wastewater system with several improvement projects. This work is anticipated to be complete in conjunction with roadway improvements.
• Widen Spokane Street from Poleline Avenue to Grange Avenue including curbs and sidewalks.
• Resurface and re-stripe Spokane Street as a 2 to 3-lane roadway with bike lanes from Poleline Avenue to Prairie Avenue.
• Roadway closures will be required for elements of this project.
Please note, construction schedules are approximate and subject to change; check here for most up-to-date information.