Phase One (construction to start in spring 2021)
Complete Spokane Street south of
Prairie Avenue to modify the road and drainage
to better fit the recent railroad crossing
improvements. This generally includes:
• Two travel lanes (one in each direction)
• Curb and gutter
• ADA-friendly (Americans with Disabilities Act)
sidewalks and ramps
• The sidewalks will be separated from the
roadway with a vegetated swale, where
Phase Two (construction to start in summer 2021)
Install a double-lane roundabout at the
Spokane Street and Prairie Avenue intersection.
• To the east, tie the new intersection into the
existing Prairie Avenue roadway.
• To the west, construct roadway improvements to tie into the existing road near the roundabout at
Prairie Avenue and Chase Road.
› Prairie Avenue between Spokane Street
and Chase Road will generally be two travel
lanes in each direction and a center, two-way
turn lane on the west end and a planted median between Crown Point and Spokane Street.
• Add new turf and street trees, irrigation, roadway lighting, and stormwater features, such as grassy roadside swales, to both Spokane Street and Prairie Avenue.
• Connect Spokane Street as a through-street to the north.
• Upgrading the City’s wastewater system with several improvement projects. This work is anticipated to be complete in conjunction with roadway improvements.
• Resurface and re-stripe Spokane Street from Grange Avenue to Prairie Avenue to include left turn lanes, where needed, and bike lanes on both sides.
During Phase One, construction will include minor roadway and sidewalk width changes, curb and gutter additions/revisions, and a defined southbound bike lane.
Phase two will reconfigure and re-stripe the roadway to
accommodate bike lanes in each direction and left turn
lanes at Brookie Drive and Stagecoach Road.
Please note, construction schedules are approximate and subject to change; check here for most up-to-date information.